Email marketing can be an effective method of promoting your businesses services or products. It is also beneficial to your business growth. Developing emails to be used in a marketing campaign requires a great deal of thought to assure they are written to capture the message you want to get across, while not burdening the recipient with unnecessary information.
Since the advent of computer technology, advertising has become common practice on the internet. A lot of people view some, or all, of this advertising as SPAM. They will end up ignoring it, or just deleting it. You need to differentiate your email marketing from SPAM. What is SPAM? It is essentially an email which is unsolicited and sent for the sole purpose of advertising, or promoting a product or service. Although this sounds a lot like what you are trying to accomplish when you develop your email marketing campaign, you need to rise above the rest to reach your potential customers. So, how do you accomplish this?
- Develop a distribution list for those you would like to receive your emails. Focus to put those on the list that you anticipate would be interested in discussing your services, or buying your products. Make sure you get permission before adding them to your list.
- Include quality content as part of the email. You may want to include a featured article, product reviews, a series of short useful tips on the product/service, quotes from others who have used your company, or utilize a star rating system.
- The purpose of the email campaign is to sell your services/products. Utilizing a softer sales pitch may encourage a prospective customer to review your email and not view it as unsolicited SPAM.
- An effective way to acquire email addresses for your campaign is to ask interested customers to register on your website. This will ensure that they wish to receive future emails with additional information, advertisements, or helpful tips. This should also ensure that they will not view your email as SPAM.
- It is also a good idea to always offer the recipients the option of being removed from the distribution list with each email.
- Also, advise the recipients that if they would like to receive future emails from your business, to add the email address of your business to a list of “acceptable addresses”, and not to list it as a SPAM site.
Good Luck on your E-marketing Campaign!